How do I start, Whats first?
Our online booking and cruise data base is the largest, most advance real time system available on the internet today. This award winning, "state of the art" cruise information system was designed to insure that even the novice internet surfer would be informed and confident in their online booking experience. Whether you book your cruise online or with a Cruise Travel Pro, we'll make sure your booking experience is as easy as Ready, Set, Sail!
Every Travel Express staff member is an experienced cruiser. We provide expert advice, not just a flood of information. To insure your every want and need is met, our staff continually attend seminars at sea, taking classes and learning everything there is to know about the cruise industry.
Our Cruise Travel Pro's travel "round the world", visiting ports of call, inspecting ships, go on cruises, sample and critique shore excursions...getting real answers to the many questions you might have. They are constantly communicating, learning and passing on that knowledge and information to you.
- They understand your needs and concerns.
- They give you good solid advice you can count on.
- They are knowledgeable of what's on offer and special deals.
- They are able to get you exceptional value for your cruise
Your Cruise Travel Pro once onboard when you book a cruise with us:
- May be able to offer you group rates( without joining a group! ), free upgrades, shipboard credits and other amenities or discounts. We receive daily faxes from the cruise lines offering special promotions so be sure to ask if there are any special offers available.
- Will offer the best possible cruise options based on your lifestyle, interests, budget, travel experience, etc.
- Will review the proper immigration/passport/birth certificate documentation necessary for your cruise and advise you where to obtain information.
- Arrange any special needs -- such as a handicap-designed stateroom, special services or a special diet.
- Inform you of your dining choices and ask if you prefer early or late seating , or "freestyle" dining where you can dine with whom you want, when you want... and arrange for any special occasions you might be celebrating like a birthday or anniversary.
- Explain the importance of travel insurance to cover the unexpected such as trip delays, missed cruise connections and lost or delayed baggage.
- Give you the "Need To Know" Information on planning and booking an unforgettable wedding and/or honeymoon onboard.
- Point out your stateroom on the deck plan ( select deck plans available online ).
- Inform you when final payment is due and the deadline to request air deviations and arrange pre-or-post cruise land packages.
- Advise you about tipping; packing; clothing; flights and schedule options; shore excursions, etc.
- Walk you through and answer any questions you have about our online booking system. Whether you book your cruise online or with a Cruise Travel Pro, we'll make sure your booking experience is as easy as Ready, Set, Sail!
We want you to feel confident, secure and excited about the choices you have, no matter if this is your first cruise or simply seeking a new cruise adventure. We'll help you choose the cruise that's right for you--whether you're traveling alone, with children, or with a group of relatives or friends sailing locally or across the world. Were Ready, When You Are!
There are literally thousands of different cruise options to choose from and your best cruise vacation experience depends on how you answer these questions. Take a moment, make some notes, It's a great way to start.
- When do we want to go? For how long? How much do we want to spend?
- What do we want to see and do? Which is more important? Beaches? Shopping? High Adventure? Relaxation? History? Folklore? ECO Adventure? Water Sports?
- What's our cruise experience? What's our other vacation experience? Which cruise line is best for us? What type of accommodations do we enjoy?
- How are we getting to the ship? Will we need transfers to the port? Can we use frequent flier miles?
- Are we taking the kids? How many cabins will we need? Do we need cabins near one another? Do we want to sit together at dinner? Are we celebrating a big anniversary? Does everyone need the same type of cabin? Do we qualify for a group rate or special discounts?
- Do we have special needs or requests? Crib? Wheelchair? Special diet, Interrupter?
- What kind of rates could we qualify for? Are we AARP? Platinum Card Holder? Retired from a Fortune 500 company or part of Credit Union? Airline association? Retired/Military? Teacher? Resident of a certain city or state? AAA or Union Members? Are we a past passengers of the cruise lines?
General Cruise Booking Q's and A's
Are the rates online the same as I would get by calling Travel Express?
What if I want to book my own airfare?
Much like the stock market, cruise and air fares are constantly fluctuating. Prices and availability are subject to change until you have purchased your cruise and/or air fare. However, regardless of how you book with us, you will always get the guaranteed lowest rates available at that time.
If you choose to make airline reservations on your own and not through the cruise line, then simply arrange your flights according to date of embarkation and disembarkation. Please select times that allow you enough time to get to the pier in time for the ship?s departure and get to the airport with enough time to make your return flights. Two advantages of using cruise line provided airfare are 1.) By purchasing cruise line airfare, you also receive transfers to and from the airport to the pier. 2.) If your flights are delayed and arrive past the time of the ship?s departure, the cruise line assumes responsibility for either delaying the ship's sailing or getting you to the ship's first port of call.
What if I want specific flights or a specific airline?
Cruise lines make special arrangements with different air carriers for various cruises. Approximately 30 days prior to sailing, you can call CRUISES 24/7 and inquire as to your flight schedule. If you want specific flights or a particular airline, immediately after booking online, contact the CRUISES 24/7 customer service department to ask that we process an air deviation for you. For a fee, (approximately $70 roundtrip for domestic tickets and $100 roundtrip for international tickets) most cruise allow you to pay for the ability to have specific flights or fly on a specific airline. You will also be charged the difference in cost between the cruise line provided airfare and your requested airfare. Air deviations should be requested immediately after booking. If you wait until the cruise line has arranged your flight to make changes, you risk the following: The flights you request may not be available; they may be available at a premium price; you may incur re-ticketing charges and possible additional federal express charges.
Why are there only nine cruise lines to choose from in our online booking cruise reservation system?
Currently nine major cruise lines have the technology to support an on-line booking. As more cruise lines become available on line, we will add them to our online booking system. In the meantime, our Cruise Travel Pro's are available toll free at 1-888-416-3182 to help with any cruise reservations, from 65 different cruise lines and cruise tours, that can or cannot be booked online.
After my search, it indicated no matches were found, Why?
Cruise lines operate various itineraries during specific times of the year; or the cruise you have selected may not be available. Please note that the system will display results that match your results most closely. For example, if you select December 8 you may also receive results that include a December 15th. And, if you ask for an Alaska cruise in December, you won't get any results since the Alaska season runs from May through September.
Why do I need to provide my age/birth date?
Cruise lines use age information for various reasons. Some require it for identification, some offer special price breaks for certain age groups; the cruise lines also group like ages together for dining.
What is an origination city?
In step 2 of the 8-step process, if you request airline transportation to be arranged by the cruise line, the airport you selected to travel from is your Origination city. Sometimes this airport is not available for the cruise line to arrange flights out of and you will have to choose a new city.
Why are port charges separate from the cruise price?
A concise breakdown of port charges and government taxes and fees is provided in order to better inform you of your overall cruise price.
My purchase confirmation shows a different deck than I chose when I was selecting my cabin, Why?
Some cruise lines offer a free upgrade at no additional cost. This is reflected in step 4 of the 8-step process. When you review the available cabins section, take notice of the deck choices ? if they are different than what you originally selected, this is because a free upgrade was included.
Can I change or cancel my cruise once I've purchased it?
Once you have finalized your reservation and purchased your cruise arrangements, should you need to change or cancel your cruise for any reason, please call 1-888-416-3182 and a Cruise Travel Pro will be able to assist you. Please note that changes and cancellations may have penalties associated with them ? Each cruise line has different schedules and penalty fees.
If the cruise line cancels or changes my cruise, will I receive notice?
UGO Cruise from Travel Express is YOUR travel agent of record, should the cruise lines have to cancel your sailing or change your itinerary, a CRUISES 24/7 representative will contact you at the telephone number you have provided in order to explain the changes and assist you with any questions or options available to you.
Can I purchase Travel Insurance?
Yes, in step 5 of the 8-step process you may choose whether or not you want Travel Insurance. Highly recommended for "Peace Of Mind" upto and during your cruise. The rates are great Travel Express Insurance "Check Rates"
Travel Express Payment Option
Do I need to enter my credit card information when I register?
No, you do not need to enter your credit card information to register your account. Credit card information is only necessary to complete a purchase transaction.
What forms of payment can I use?
Most cruise lines accept the major credit cards including American Express, Diners Club, Discover, Master Card, and Visa as forms of payment. On your payment screen, you will see the specific credit cards accepted by the cruise line on which you?re booking.
Can I send in a check or money order?
If you don't have a credit card, hold your cruise by choosing the "Hold This Cruise" button, print out your summary sheet and call us at 1-888-416-3182. A certified check or money order must be sent by overnight mail and it must be received 3 days prior to the date that your deposit is due.
Why don't you accept debit cards?
Debit cards have a daily limit that can exceed the amount of most deposits and final payments. This would result in your debit card being declined.
Is my credit card safe?
Your information is safe with Travel Express. Your credit card number is transmitted across the Internet via our secure server lines and resides on our secure servers.
Do I always have to use the same credit card?
You can enter a different credit card number for each purchase that you make on CRUISES 24/7's site.
Can I use several credit cards to purchase a cruise?
Your final payment will be charged to the same credit card as was used for the deposit. If you need to change the credit card, you should call the CRUISES 24/7 customer service department at 1-888-416-3182.
Does the traveler have to be the credit card holder?
UGO Cruise welcomes your purchases of gifts for your relatives and loved ones. Please note that the credit card holders name and address, which is provided at time of payment, must be same. Documents can only be sent to the billing address of the cardholder.
Exactly when is my credit card charged?
Your credit card is charged according to the Payment Summary indicated on your confirmation page.
Why do you require that my billing address and shipping address are the same?
This is a security measure, for your protection.
Can I have a ticket sent to an address different from my billing address?
No, for security reasons, cruise documents can only be sent to the cardholder's billing address.
How do I contact a Travel Express Customer Service representative?
Ready To Go, When You Are!
Simply call us toll free at 1-888-416-3182 or FAX 877-788-3239 or International 001-954-323-4478 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org